Saturday, October 31, 2009

An Open Letter to My Congresswoman Debbie Halvorson

Dear Debbie, I find that I must implore you to vote against H.R. 3962. First, I doubt you will have time to read 1990 pages and I understand that this is not a final version. Can you really know what your voting for having only 72 hours to read the bill? What is the hurry? Second, I understand abortion is included in the bill. I do not want my tax dollars to pay for the killing of unborn babies. Abortion is NOT health care. Third, I do not want the federal government to run health care. I do not want a single-payor system. Fourth, There is no way you can do this without raising my taxes. I cannot handle any more taxes. Instead I urge you to vote for H.R. 3970. This bill will fix what we now have. 1) The government should not interfere with my health care. It is between me and my doctor. 2) We need to eliminate the waste and fraud in the system. Why are we not addressing this now? 3) We need tort reform. I know I have had many test because me doctors fear law suits. 4) We need better competition with the private sector insurance companies. I should be able to buy health insurance from any state. Debbie, this is a very important issue for me. With all due respect I urge you to vote against H.R. 3962. Thank you.

No comments: