Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Oath of Allegiance

One of my staff members just became a citizen of the United States. It was a day of celebration. I had an opportunity to read the oath (see below).
I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and
abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God. [Emphasis added]
Reading it I told her that there was no way she could vote for obama, or any Democrat. The reason is obvious. Her oath stated: "I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic..." If she is to be true to her oath, with the way obama and the Democrats have trampled on our Constitution and our freedom of religion, she must not, she cannot, vote for any Democrat.

1 comment:

A Secular Franciscan said...

I believe it's possible to vote for Democrats - but not pro-choice, pro-contraception, pro homosexual marriage ones like Obama, Biden, Pelosi, etc.