Sunday, June 24, 2012

Fortnight for Freedom - Day 4

My efforts for Fortnight for Freedom continues. Today, I helped at most Masses at my parish to encourage our parishioners to sign up for I-CAN, The Catholic Conference of Illinois Catholic Advocacy Network. Sending them your email address, they will keep you informed of state and federal issues affecting the Catholic Church. You can contact them at www.ilcatholic.org and sign up on-line.

I will also spend a considerable time reading/studying/meditating Scripture. Today’s Office of Readings for the Liturgy of the Hours included the passage from Jeremiah 1:4-10, 17-19 – The Call of the Prophet in conjunction with today’s nativity of St. John the Baptist. Read it slowly, it will hit you. The second reading was from a sermon by St. Augustine relating to John the Baptist – very poignant at this time concerning our religious liberty – should we not also be voices crying out in the wilderness proclaiming the Word and the Truth?

I also contacted my U.S. Senator as in my previous post.

No comments: